Sunday 10 June 2012

Left to Love Review




 Left to Love (Next Door Boys #2) 

(FDS YA/New Adult) 

by

Leigh’s life is shaping up to be pretty perfect.

She married the father of a little boy she fell in love with. They live in a nice house, on a quiet street, and her hobby of a sewing business is keeping her busier than she ever imagined. She’s back in touch with her brother who she hasn’t seen since she was a child, and her new husband has an “in” for his dream job when he graduates in the spring.

But when her small symptoms begin to lead up to something big - she has to face the shattering realization that her cancer is back.

Leigh struggles with her new marriage, her faith, her desire to adopt the little boy who calls her mom, and the strength to keep fighting for her life


From Goodreads
Goodreads_icon_50x50 

My Review.....

So this is book #2 in the Next Door Boys. When I read the Next door boys I was a little skeptical as I am not a big fan of stories that have a lot of religious content however I put that aside and fell in love with Brian and Leigh so I could not Wait to read Left to Love and find out what happened between the two of them.

The book starts off pretty much immediately where The next door boys ended. During this book I was heart broken with Leigh's struggles and challenges that she had to deal with. I think Jolene Perry did a great job portraying her journey and I felt that you were with Leigh the whole way through. 

I was glad to see Noah again even if it was to show what a wanker he truly is and I loved the way Brian and Leigh dealt with that part of their past.

One of my favorite parts of this story is Nathan (Brian's Son) and especially Brian. If only we could all have someone like Brian to honor, love and care for us like he did for Leigh.

I highly recommend this book and give it Five thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 
 

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, looking forward to this, though somewhat shattered to hear Leigh's cancer is back. The first book was an unusual mix of sweet and tough, this sounds the same way. Thx for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.