Tuesday 19 June 2012

My Life Next Door



 My Life Next Door 

(YA)

by

A gorgeous debut about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

“One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time.”

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over.


From Goodreads
Goodreads_icon_50x50 

My Review...

So, I had this to my add books on good reads and was stoked that it finally came out. I flippin' loved this book. I loved the characters especially George but I have a soft spot for all the Garrett's, Tim and Samantha. 

I loved the fact that Samantha and Jase did not have the typical teen angst but that belonged to the other remaining characters. You get to fall in love with Jase and Sam for being who they are. Their past lead them to the people they are and your heart goes out to them from absentee parents to, too big of a family, unsupportive friends and ugly politics. 


I so hope that this book turns into a series and we get to see how Sam and Jase evolve.  Maybe there will be a story where it is focused on Alice and Tim and have Sam and Jase and his family in the background because you are left wanting to find out more and see how it and everyone ends up. 


Sam falls in love with the idea of a family she would love to have and then finally gets her dreams to come true. The relationship between Jase and Sam feels close to reality of what it would be like being sixteen again and finding love. The closeness and the love of the Garretts is amazing while the lack of a relationship with Samantha's mother breaks your heart. But the best part of the book I think has to be George who is adorable and makes you love him and you wish that he could be your brother or like the little brother you wished you had.


I LOVED this book and recommend it to all. Five for sure thumbs up! 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up


 
My Life Next Door

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.