Saturday 9 June 2012

Forever Changed



 Forever Changed 

(YA Contemporary)

by

Kassandra Cole has it all—a stable home with great parents, popularity and all the friends she could ever need. She is used to a lifestyle where everything comes easy to her, from good grades to being captain of the cheerleading squad.

Her entire world is shaken to the core when a fatal accident takes her father, causing Kassandra to re-examine the course her life was on. The actions of one individual forever changes her life, leaving her to pick up the pieces of her broken family. Kassandra begins to question everything she once cherished and the people she disappointed along the way.

Maddon Johnson’s life is as different from Kassandra’s as night and day. Abandoned by his mother at a young age, he is left to deal with his abusive, alcoholic father on his own. He has one goal: lay low and get the heck out of dodge as soon as he is legally old enough.

Everything changes when his father’s tragic actions send Maddon crashing into Kassandra’s world. Suddenly, getting away is the last thing he wants as he discovers it is possible to believe in love after all.


Goodreads
Goodreads_icon_50x50

My Review.....

Soooooo I have just recently gotten into book by Tiffany King and so far I quite like them. I first read Wishing for Someday Soon which I quite enjoyed and then I could not wait for Forever Changed

I liked the story of Kass and Maddon or I guess you could say the story of forbidden love. Throughout the book I absolutely loved the characters of Megan, Drake and Carrie as well as Kass and Maddon.

I was enraged with Kass's Mom and want to choke her to shake her out of her stupor and was happy to see the end result of those issues. I have to admit I also wanted to kick the %$#^ out of Lacey. We have all unfortunately have had friends like that in our life times and Lacey evoked quite the emotion within myself.

Little Megan just broke my heart and I just wanted to take her under my wing and protect her from life and I though the author did a fabulous job expressing her grief and loss. While Maddon's friends Drake and Carrie I absolutely adored them and I agree with others that a book about those two together would be awesssssooommme!

All in all I loved the book the only thing is that did not get me jumping up and down was I did not experience the full connection with Kass and Maddon. I was routing for them the whole time but I was not consumed with them but still enjoyed them very very much.

In the end though I highly recommend this book to all

I give it 4 thumbs out of 5 
 thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Forever Changed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.