Monday 16 July 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - J.T. Hawkins

So this weeks Book Boyfriend is ........J.T. Hawkins from Foolish Games by Leah Spiegel

Hmmm Why do I love Hawkins?

1) He is a Rock and Roll god
2) His feistiness and banter with Joie
3) His protectiveness with Joie
4) His love and devotion to Joie
5) His way of seeing what others do not see

Here are some examples of why Hawkins is my Book Boyfriend:

"Whenever you're done reading the chapter," he held uo his hands like take your time, "we'll start the concert." With a quick flip of my wrist I gave him the middle finger.  He threw his head back and laughed.

I looked up at Hawkins, who locked eyes with mine as he sang, "Love in an elevator, lovin' it up, til I hit the ground."

I was leaning my head against Hawkins's shoulder and a gorgeous butter yellow lit up the sky. Hawkins smiled down at me and wrapped his arm around me. The brilliant yellow lit up his face. His blue eyes tinkled as he studied the sky. It left me feeling warm and safe so I closed my eyes again.

"Joie," he said with his lips hovering over mine.  "What?" I felt my heart flutter.  "Shut up," he muttered and then he kissed me.

Gently, I pulled away from Hawkins. I didn't want him to feel that he needed to baby me, but he pulled me into him with a stiff tug, wrapping his arm around me even tighter than before.  "Can't you just let me?" he whispered

"..I was told that not only was Monroe killed, but." he turned away from me, "that you were dead too."  Feeling my mouth drop, I stared up at him.  "And for a second, before they could clear it up," he confessed while fiddling with the silken edge of the blanket, "I was devastated."

He slid around the half circular table and wrapped an arm around me so I could bury my head into his chest,  "But that's why I love you," he whispered.  "You don't do anything like how you're supposed to." 

"Joie, I want you in my future. I don't want to hide our love away anymore like it's something to be ashamed of,"

All of the examples are from Foolish Games by Leah Spiegal

While I was getting the quotes and phrases I re-read this book and I loved it the second time just as much as the first time.  It is a great book with drama, comedy, love and suspense.  I hope you love Hawkins as much as I do.  




Foolish Games

by

Falling in love was the last thing Joie had on her mind when she was thrown into the marketing scandal intended to boost the Grimm Brothers Band's declining sales. Joie thought she knew the players of the game; she was the writer, J.T. Hawkins was the famous rock star, and Lizzie was her beautiful cover to the world. That was until a psychopathic stalker, who seemed to be three steps ahead of everyone else and calling all the shots, upped the stakes. In a situation where many different kinds of games were being played, Joie had to figure out if or who was bluffing because her life. . . and her heart, might very well depend on it

From Goodreads
Goodreads_icon_50x50 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.