Thursday 18 October 2012

Get your groove on Thursday - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

This week I have been in a Kristen Ashley drought so I thought to revisit with Get your Groove on Thursday!


This week the song is :I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry I decided with the Cowboy Junkies version because this is how I imagine Stella would sound from Rock Chick Revenge by Kristen Ashley

"It was on that thought when Stella started to sing Hank Williams' "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and all eyes turned to her.  Stella was in rare form that night.  It was like she was intent on giving the performance of a lifetime, as if the King of the World had stepped in to see her set and she had to impress him or have her head chopped off.  She rarely ever pulled out "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry" and when she did the audience became transfixed, as it was right then and I was no exception.  Even thought I was stuck by the heart-wrenching lyrics and the way Stella delivered them, I could swear her eyes were on Mace.  It was as if she was singing right to him and somehow, in a weird way I didn't get,  that made it even more poignant.  Hmm. "


Link to the Album The Trinity Session - Cowboy Junkies

The Trinity Session - Cowboy Junkies 

Link to Hank William's Version -from the Album Gold


Gold: Hank Williams - Hank Williams
 



     This Song is from:

Rock Chick Revenge (Rock Chick #5)

by
Ava hates men, she has reason and she’s vowed not only never to get involved with another one again but also to exact vengeance on her best friend’s, lying, cheating husband. Since Luke, Ava’s childhood crush, is now a private investigator, she thinks to enlist him but changes her mind at the last second.

Too late, Luke knows she’s up to something and he’s already seen many a Rock Chick try to fight her own battles without the Hot Bunch stepping in. He’s having none of it. She’s having none of him. The clash of the Rock Chick and Hot Guy begins but Luke’s got the advantage. He has handcuffs and he’s not afraid to use them.

From Goodreads

For more about Stella and Mace Read Rock Chick Reckoning (Rock Chick #6)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.