Monday 25 February 2013

Girl Next Door Series by C.C. Wood

 

Friends with Benefits (Girl Next Door #1)

Adult
Source: eARC
 
by
Natalie York is done with relationships. D-O-N-E. After her latest loverboy hits on her best friend, she's tired of playing games and having her heart broken. From now on, she's keeping things casual.

When Nat meets her sexy new neighbor, Aidan Hart, she decides his offer to be friends with benefits is perfect. Soon, Nat discovers perfection isn't all it's cracked up to be. Her ex reveals himself to be a slightly insane stalker, and, even worse, Nat discovers that keeping her heart locked up tight isn't working out like she planned. Either way, she's certain she's in for a bumpy ride.


Synopsis from Goodreads

 My Review...

 I was given to the opportunity to read these two novellas and I was so happy that I was given it because I absolutely loved this series.

C.C. Wood has a gift for making you fall in love with the characters and making their relationship feel right and not rushed in a very short amount of time being a novella.  Often with novellas we are left wanting more or feeling it was too rushed. That is so not the case in this situation.

Both books were fantastic. In this book Nat and Aidan have lust at first sight so when they decide to have a friends with benefits relationship it seems like a no brainer but of course Aidan sees the light right away and Nat is being daft (silly woman) but once the cloud clears Nat can finally appreciate Aidan for all that he is which in my opinion near perfection. (funny, gorgeous, successful, loyal, protective...do I need to go on).

I loved all the characters in this book and felt the book at such a nice pace for such a short read. I loved it and Nat and Aidan so they a get a for sure

5 Friendly Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 
Lauren



Frenemies (Girl Next Door #2)

Adult
Source: eARC
 
by
Cat Johnson has been badly burned in the past and likes to keep her relationships simple and, usually, short. When her best friend, Nat, gets engaged, Cat meets Nat's future brother-in-law, Patrick Hart, and sparks fly. The only hitch is his fiancee, Anya. Angry and disillusioned, Cat spends the next six months trading barbs with Patrick.

All that changes after Nat and Aidan get hitched. During the newlywed's two week honeymoon, Cat offers to housesit, only to discover her now-single arch nemesis is living next door. He's persistent and sexy-as-hell in his pursuit of her and Cat discovers there's more to like, maybe even love, about Patrick Hart than she once thought. She wonders if she can trust this man with her heart or too afraid to try

Synopsis from Goodreads
 
 My Review...

I was so happy that I got to read both of these in one sitting. I couldn't put either of them down once I started to read them.

We meet Cat and Patrick in Friends with Benefits. Cat is so spunky and a trouble maker with a big heart.  With Patrick we only briefly meet him in the first book so I didn't know what to make of him but he very quickly stole my heart like Aidan in the first book.  I wish my friends and I could find an amazing pair of brothers like that. (nah..my husband is pretty perfect as well but don't tell him that since it may go to his head. LOL)

I love how persistent Patrick is with convincing Cat to give them a chance.  It made such a fun journey seeing the fire ignite with these two.  I love the way C.C. Wood writes in these novellas.  She has a gift for making such a short read not feel jammed or rushed.  Both books had the perfect balance of growth, passion, friendship, hardship and love)

I really recommend this series especially if you are looking for a quick read.

5 more thumbs up for this book as well
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.