Thursday 21 February 2013

The Next Forever (Pretty Amy #1.5)

The Next Forever (Pretty Amy #1.5)

New YA/Mature YA
Source: eARC/NetGalley 

by
One night in college can change everything…

Away at college, Amy just wants one night alone without her high school sweetheart, Joe. So when he invites her to go to the library, she heads off on her own instead. How she ended up at a house party with the mysterious bad-boy Trevor is another story…

Joe so isn’t going to the library. He needs space from Amy, too, so he’s decided to rush a fraternity, to get back the swagger he had in high school. But it doesn’t take long for the brothers to invite him to the real rush here the beer is flowing and one particular girl has set her eyes on Joe.

Over the course of one wild night, both Amy and Joe will have to decide if their futures belong with two new people, or whether the next forever will have their first loves in it

From Goodreads


My Review....

I first requested this on Netgalley not realizing that it was a 1.5 of a series so then I had to quickly read Pretty Amy so I could get the back ground on this novella.

In Pretty Amy and The Next Forever Lisa Burstien has captured the angst of being a teenager and young adult with bad choices, finding yourself, balancing life and expectations, finding true love.

In both books you get to feel the depth and root of Amy's emotions.  In The Next Forever I was holding my breath for most of it wondering if Amy was going to make a really stupid decision. I can't tell you how happy I was when she had her moment of clarity and could finally see things as they should be seen.

I fell for Joe in Pretty Amy and my love for him did nothing but grow in The Next forever.  So often we see young adults get into serious relationships really early on when they haven't even found themselves but with this book you are routing for Joe and Amy throughout to not only be together but to see them on their journey of growth and discovery of oneself.

I was always taught to have a great relationship we need to be two strong individuals by ourselves who meet up in the middle to strengthen the bond but it should not be the only thing in a relationship.  With this story you see Amy and Joe learn to be one with themselves and find each other in the middle.

This series is a profound YA series with a beautiful way of capturing true emotions. I can't wait to read on with Dear Cassie which is coming out

3.5 Thumbs up for The Next Forever and 4 for Pretty Amy
  thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

Find out what happens from the beginning with Pretty Amy

Continue the Story with Dear Cassie (Companion novel) Releasing Mar. 5/13 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower from Book Blogs! Check out my blog here Bookish Whimsy, and hopefully you would like to follow back. :)

    Glad to read that you enjoyed these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charlene I like your blog and I have followed you back! Thanks so much. Cheers!

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.