Saturday 2 February 2013

Winter Storms

Winter Storms

Adult
Source: eARC
 
by
Two years ago Carly Roberts split from her lover, Daniel Edwards, after he caused a terrible sailing accident that cost her both the use of her right leg and her Olympic dreams. Unable to watch his climb to double Olympic success, she stayed in the Cornish village they grew up in, while he travelled the world.

Racked with guilt, knowing he destroyed her future, Daniel has finally returned home to make amends. But he didn’t expect to fall in love with her again.

Carly has her own life now and it doesn’t include him. She can’t forgive him for the catastrophic injuries that changed her life. While the storms of a Cornish winter lash their village home, can Daniel persuade her to give him a second chance?

"Sensuality Level: Sensual" 


From Goodreads


My Review... 

I was given the opportunity to read this book so I had absolutely no expectations about it.  I thought it was a sweet story about second chances. 

I liked and disliked Carly. I liked her fierceness to support her town and brother but I her stubbornness went overboard. I was so frustrated with her choices of how she reacted to the accident that I stopped feeling sorry for her and had a hard time routing for her.  However once she got her head out of her ass I started to cheer for a possible HEA for her. 

With Daniel he too is stubborn but it is more affectionate.  He too made some bad choices but love never left his heart so he went all out to get what he wanted... which was Carly (broken, jaded and all). 

I loved the small town they were in and the people in it.  When the life boat got released for rescue my heart was in my throat for what was going to happen and I didn't expect that outcome to the story.  It broke my heart but it was a part of the story that needed to happen to really get a sense of loss that a community can feel when tragedy hits. 

A sweet story about second chances, loss, community, passion and love. 

3 Thumbs Up!  

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Lauren

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for lovely review, I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I haven't heard of this book yet so I'll have to check it out. I found you through Book Blogs and I'm now your newest follower! I hope you are having a wonderful Groundhog Day! Woohoo spring is on its way. (I hope!) I would love for you to stop by for a visit sometime when you get the chance. :)

    Leigh Ann
    MaMa's Book Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey Leigh Ann! Thanks for the comment and the follow. I have followed you back. Thanks again. Cheers! L

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.