Saturday 30 March 2013

Blind Obsession

Blind Obsession

Release date: April 9/13
 
Erotica 18+ 
 
by
Obsession, defined as the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image or desire....

Chantel Rosenberg's passion for music and life had never shone brighter than the time she spent in Bordeaux France. It's a time when feelings arose and desires ran deep, a time that fundamentally changed her life.

A man living in seclusion, Phillipe Tibideau is haunted and plagued by memories he cannot disregard. Choosing to live a quiet life in his Chateau surrounded by the vineyards of France, he's left his passion for art behind.

However, the time has arrived to tell his side of a tale. A tale that has depicted him as a 'beautiful monster' and he's finally allowing someone close.

Close enough to ask questions. Questions he's not sure he wants to answer. Questions about her.

For up and coming journalist Gemma Harris, the pursuit of truth is what drives her and when a job of a lifetime presents itself there is nothing in the world that will stop her from taking it.
Even if it does mean leaving her home for several months to stay at Chateau Tibideau, with him.

This is a story of what happens when three passionate lovers collide and the desire for truth, art and music merge.

Chateau Tibideau is a place full of unanswered questions, dark sinful desire and a beauty so hauntingly sad it will have you wondering how you will ever leave the same.....

http://ellafrank30.wordpress.com/blin...

Synopsis from Goodreads

Source: eARC mobi for honest review

My Review...

First off. WOW! What an amazing story.  Thank you Ella for giving the opportunity to read this amazing book.


This story was devastatingly beautiful and a true work of art. I don't know how to explain the beauty and heartbreak of it.  I had to put the book down about at 55% because I knew that my heart was going to get ripped right out of my chest and I was NOT wrong it totally did.

This book is so hard to put into words it wasn't just the interactive part with the music and art it felt like Phillipe and Chantal love story was coming out of the pages and directly into your heart.  The way it was from his POV and her journal's you got to feel their passion and love so deeply and profoundly. 

He told me, "You are so f@cking beautiful you hurt my eyes." loc 426 

With Phillipe you can not but love him there is something so tangible and breathtaking about him that you get why Gemma and Chantal were so enamored with him.  His love is so real and raw and so so painful. 

"My Heart aches for you, " he confessed, his voice dropping down quite and low. "I would die for you, and that terrifies me." loc 2199


"You can't break a man that's already broken." loc 2362

It's not just Phillipe that you get to love but also Chantal, it feels right and wrong, beautiful and yet distrurbing.

Well, that woman has crept into my mind. Somehow, she has stolen my very sanity because now I want her hands on me. I begged for her to touch me until I, too, lost myself in the beauty of a fantasy-a fantasy I still don't fully understand. loc 2012

"Right now, you're mine, just like she was mine. I'm going to pull you under and drown you in me until you can't forget." loc 2028




He tries to remind himself that there is no reason he should feel guilty about being bound by one woman who is becoming entranced by another. loc 2353

They merge together to harmonize in a symphony so evocative that I feel it altering my very soul with each separate movement being played.  loc 2512




This was Ella's first dive at an Erotica novel and she hit it out of the park which I am not surprised with after reading Exquiste especially Mason and Lena's shower scene ;) In this book the love, the passion, the sex you feel it in every sense. You become enraptured by it.

"Yes, I want to taste you on my tongue as you slide inside my soul." loc 3300

It has taken me days to complete this review because I needed time for it to truly settle.  It will be one of those books that you will think about often and will want to re-read it. It was pure perfection. 



I have never read a book that I have highlighted so many passages. With this review that is only a tidbit of what I saved there were so many more moments that I wanted to save and cherish forever.

This book is a 5 + thumbs up
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up + + +

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.