Thursday 28 March 2013

Claim Me (Stark #2)

Claim Me (Stark Trilogy #2)

Release Date: April 23/13
 
Adult Erotica
 
by
For Damien, our obsession is a game. For me, it is fiercely, blindingly, real.

Damien Stark’s need is palpable—his need for pleasure, his need for control, his need for me. Beautiful and brilliant yet tortured at his core, he is in every way my match.

I have agreed to be his alone, and now I want him to be fully mine. I want us to possess each other beyond the sweetest edge of our ecstasy, into the deepest desires of our souls. To let the fire that burns between us consume us both.

But there are dark places within Damien that not even our wildest passion can touch. I yearn to know his secrets, yearn for him to surrender to me as I have surrendered to him. But our troubled pasts will either bind us close . . . or shatter us completely.

Release Me is an erotic romance intended for mature audiences.


Synopsis from Goodreads



Source: eARC/NetGalley for Honest Review


My Review... 

I was so looking forward to this book.  In the first book Release Me Damien was a dominant aggressive man who gets what he wants and the broken yet still strong Nikki is what he desired.  There was something about their bond that intrigued me and left me wanting so much more from them so I was thrilled to read more. 

In this book Damien's love for Nikki has softened him a bit.  At times it melts my heart where at other times I am like "Damien, grow a pair already" 

"But you're the one in control." I shift my hips a little, silently letting him know that I hold the control now.  "No." He shakes his head. "That's an illusion, nothing more. It's you, Nikki. You have captured me utterly, and you hold my heart in your hands. Be gentle with it. It's more fragile than you might think." loc 1000

See right there is one of those times where my heart just melted a bit. *Sigh* 

In this book Nikki is still broken but trying to put her self slowly back together.  Her demons are old and deep. Demons in our foundation are hard to battle and especially when they are rooted from our parent(s) who are supposed to love us unconditionally but so often that is not the actual case

"Jamie,  you're a size four. I haven't been that small since I escaped from Mother and learned about the existence of that mysterious substance I like to call food." loc 1897

Even though they are both battling their demons there is still the explicitly hot sex between the two of them. 

"I like to think of it as pleasure, pain and beauty combined. There is a pose that I want to see you in, wide open, your legs bent and spread wide like a butterfly, or perhaps a diamond. I'm going to tie you up, Nikki. I'm going to, because I want to see you that way-I want to see you wet and wanting me. I want you unable to hide your desire. Every quiver, every sign, every dewy hint that reveals your arousal will be there for me to see." loc 2425                              (Phew! that is me fanning myself right now)



Without spoiling what happens I am surprised with how it ended. A lot of answers were given but so many more questions were asked. It was a cliffhanger yet not.  I can't wait for Complete Me.....what will happen to Damien, what is the story with Giselle, there are so many new questions that I am totally committed to finding out what happens next. 

4 Binding Thumps Up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 
Lauren



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.