Tuesday 26 March 2013

Lover Reborn (BDB #10)

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood #10)

Adult 18++
Source: Kindle
Dagger Brotherhood series continues as a vampire warrior crosses the line between life and death…into a world of dark dreams and darker desires.

Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been a heartbroken shadow of the vampire leader he once was. Brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel, he fights again with ruthless vengeance, unprepared for a new tragedy. Seeing his beloved in dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld—Tohr turns to the angel Lassiter to save his former mate. The only way to rescue her is for Tohr to love another. As war with the lessers rages, and a new clan of vampires vie for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between an unforgettable past and a hot, passion-filled future. But can his heart let go and set all of them free? 


Synopsis from Goodreads


My Review...

So I am a HUGE Black Dagger Brotherhood fan and have been for quite awhile.  To start with I had a hard time getting into this book not because of the book but because I was not in the right place for the BDB.  However knowing that Blay and Qhuinn's book is coming out I decided to see if I could get in the mood for the BDB and I am so glad that I did.

I wasn't sure how they were going to sell me on Tohrment and No'One since I was a huge Wellsie fan and was so heartbroken when she died but J.R. Ward is a mastermind and hit another one out of the park.

I fell for No'One /Autumn and was routing for her and Tohr to find and heal one another.  Even though I was routing for them to be together and for them to be able to move forward there were many trying times and douche bag moments for Tohr.

In the wake of No'One's pissed-off departure, Tohr decided that short of the fact John Matthew hadn't managed to cut himself on the hand and foot thus far tonight, it looked like Tohr and the kid had a lot in common: Courtesy of their tempers, both were now dressed in the Captain Asshole costume - which included, for no extra charge, the cape of disgrace, the booties of shame, and keys to the Fuck Up mobile.

Oh and Lassiter I loved him and his part in their journey of wholeness.

"Lassiter, I'm on my knees here."  "That's because your balls are in your diaphragm." 

The chemistry between Tohr and No'One was explosive even though Tohr was denying it.

Underneath the fly of his leathers, his cock punched out to its full length. Without apology.

I wasn't sure how it was all going to play out for Tohr and No'One but it was a success.  This book also was great with the drama that is unfolding for the Brotherhood with the Lessers and the Band of Bastards. I can't wait to continue the journey to find out what will happen with Blay and Qhuinn and Layla and Qhuinn, Xcor, etc.....

This is such an awesome series!

4 Leather Ripping Thumbs Up! 
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.