Thursday 4 April 2013

Falling Into You

Falling Into You (Falling #1)

New YA
Source: Kindle
 
by
I wasn't always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way.
Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.

Colton didn't teach me how to live. He didn't heal the pain. He didn't make it okay. He taught me how to hurt, how to not be okay, and, eventually, how to let go.


Synopsis from Goodreads
 

My Review...

Ok this one does put you on an emotional roller coaster. It is raw, real yet still profoundly beautiful.

I love how real the emotions are and that it is not a perfect story book ending with everything wrapped up perfectly.  It's about really dealing with emotions and realizing that with tragedy it's not always ok after but that is the beauty because we live and move on and make new memories. There will always be pain and sadness but also light and happiness.

Without the bad, there would be no good. Without the sad there would be no happy. Without the pain there would be no joy. Without the hate there would be no love. Without you there would be no me. Without your eyes you wouldn't be able to see. Why cant you just see that I love you, with all my heart. That without you there isn't a me. Im just a lost soul trying to fit into a world that I don't belong in without you.


If we chose to become survivors then tragedies make us stronger once we are able to grieve and truly move on.

Not tears, because those would never stop. This was just liquid heartbreak seeping from my pores. loc 1190



"You need to let yourself feel. Feel it, own it. Then move on." "You make it sound so easy."  Bitterness drips from each syllable.  "It's not. It's the f@cking hardest thing a person can do." loc 1601

This is an unconventional love story between Colton and Nell but a profoundly beautiful one.  Some may view their relationship as dark and unhealthy but their brokenness is what makes their relationship so right.

5 emotional thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.