Friday 3 May 2013

Skin Deep (Skin Deep #1) - Review

Skin Deep (Skin Deep #1)

Adult
Source: Kindle
by
Oh, who was she kidding? Emma knew that going to the tattoo shop with her best friend, Allie, would result in getting badgered until she ended up with some sort of needle piercing her flesh in one way or another. What she didn’t plan on was ending up face-first on the floor of the shop with a busted lip. Or doing it in front of the hottest guy she’d seen since…well, ever.

Mortified, Emma never thought she’d ever step foot back in Skin Deep again. But fate, with a little help from Emma’s flighty best friend and a chance encounter with a fudge bar, steps in. Now Emma’s torn between taking a chance on getting her heart broken by the enigmatic, gorgeous Lucas, and playing it safe with good ol’ trusty B.O.B.

Lucas lets Emma know that he gets what he wants, and what he wants is her. When Emma gives in and quits pushing him away, she’s surprised at how quickly the walls around her heart crumble. She’s even more surprised that her unconventional, zany family just endears her even more to him.

But no one knows there’s someone that wants her more, and they’ll stop at nothing to get her.

*Recommended for readers 18+ due to HOT sexual encounters, adult situations, and language.

Synopsis from Goodreads

My Review..

Oh My, Oh My I found this book by accident after one of my goodreads friends read it. I knew from her review that this book had to skip my queue and I am so happy that it did.



I loved this book. I loved every character. ALL OF THEM. (well maybe expect the bad guy) All of their interactions were fantastic. I was laughing, I was heating up (if you know what I mean), I was angst ridden, I was giddy, I was so many things from this book and I can NOT wait to see what happens with Allie and her dilemma. Could be potentially delicious.

You heart stops with Lucas's first smirk and you love Emma the moment she face plants the ground.

Their coupling was against the norm and that is why I loved them.  One of things that I loved was that they were a strong couple throughout the book without all the extra petty miscommunication drama and relationship angst.  The drama came from outside sources and while this was happening it was only making their relationship stronger.

This book has tattooed, pierced bad boys who steal your heart and fun loving friends and family to make you whole.



Lucas will definitely be making an appearance on book boyfriend monday. *swoon*

4.5 Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.