Sunday 19 May 2013

Waiting on Forever (Forever Series #2) by Ashley Wilcox - Review


Title: Waiting on Forever

Author: Ashley Wilcox

Release date: April 29, 2013

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Age Group: Adult

Book Description

College.

Parties, sororities and getting drunk.

Oh, yeah. And learning. 

This may be true for most college students, but not for Leah Bennett.  College life for her includes studying, working, and excelling in school.  When it comes to the social ladder, Leah is at the bottom.  Popular girls, hot guys and star athletes are of no importance to her, except for one.

Matthew Jacobs.

Matt is the starting wide receiver at SUNY Cortland, the most wanted guy on campus and Leah’s best friend.  Although Leah’s feelings toward Matt run deeper than just a friendship, it is something she would never let be heard because the odds of someone like Matthew Jacobs going for someone like Leah Bennett are slim to none. 

When Matt starts showing an interest in Leah that goes beyond friendship, she is dumbfounded and doesn’t believe it is possible – until one weekend that changes everything.

Will Matt and Leah’s popularity status get in the way of having a chance at a real relationship?

 Or does status mean nothing when it comes to true love?
 
Waiting on Forever Book Trailer


About Ashley

Some may consider me a jack of all trades, but I consider myself well rounded.

I’ve waitressed, styled hair, answered phones and, most recently, worked full time as mom to my two beautiful little boys.

Then there was this book… Everyone and their brother started talking about this book series titled Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James.  I didn’t really pay attention to the craze at first, since I wasn’t a big reader- okay, I didn’t read at all.  But curiosity got the best of me, so I downloaded it to my kindle.

 I was immediately hooked. I read the whole series in three days.  Yes, three books in three days.
 I kept finding all these great books that I HAD to read (just ask my credit card!).

Then I started hearing voices. Voices that turned into stories; stories that were begging to get out of my head. 

I started writing them down on scraps of paper. Then I transferred them to my computer. Before I knew it,  Planning on Forever was born.

The voices in my head are still talking, so I’m still writing.



My Review...


When I first signed up to review this book I did not realize that it was a book 2 out of a series.  I quickly read the first one Planning on Forever and then I was worried because I didn't love the first one but since I was signed up for this one I still decided to give it a go.

I am so glad that I did. This book can be read as a stand alone or part of the series. I thought this book was super sweet and thought Matt was a doll with a huge heart.  It was a short quick read. The down fall with short reads is the pace sometimes moves too quickly to feel the real development of the relationships. I did feel this bond was a bit too quick but the two were just so sweet together.


I  loved Matt's moral compass especially since he came from a shit life. I loved the fact that Leah was a feisty spirit and able to kick ass when needed.

I like that his book only focused on one couple instead of two like the first book which gave it more depth.

In the end it was a short sweet read about love, hope and new beginnings.

3.5 thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren




 


Soon to come in the Forever series Giving You Forever Book Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.