Wednesday 21 August 2013

Ruin - Review

Ruin

by
I'm not your typical girl. I've been running away from the memories that haunt me for so long that depression has become my only comfort. I was content in the darkness...until Wes Michals offered to be my light.

I didn't know that time wasn't my ally -- that every second that ticked past was one step closer to the end of something that was beginning to mean the end of myself. He tried to warn me. He promised me all he was able to offer--each moment as it came--but it would never be enough.

Sometimes when you think it's the end, it's only the beginning. Wes thought he could save me, but in giving me everything, he ruined me. Because after one kiss, one touch, I couldn't--I wouldn't ever be the same.

And from that moment on, his heartbeat became my own.



Purchase Ruin (Kindle)

Source: Kindle
Genre: NA Contemporary

My Review...

I had no expectations when I came across this book but I was so pleased with the results. I loved this story.  It is a sweet story about love overcoming all.

Kiersten comes to college to start over from her dark past that she can't seem to shake and move on. Her weakness is how she copes with her depression and anxiety.
"Just because you need help to cope doesn't make you any less strong. The truly weak people in this life are the ones who can't admit they need help. They're the ones who can't admit that they can no longer go at it alone.  Those are the people who are weak.  By asking for help, by taking help, you've admitted your weakness and in that, you find your strength. The weak of the world are those who think they've got it all figured out and flaunt it to others."
While she is at college she literally runs into Weston (Wes) who quickly jumps into her world.
Wes's love is strong but he has is own secrets and demons keeping him at bay but his love for Kiersten shines above everything.

"So there's never a reason to be afraid of running out of time - because we keep our own."

"Don't give up yet.  Sometimes when we think God has written The End, what he really means is The Beginning."

I'd done it afraid. I'd conquered my fear and all because Wes believed in me enough to push me - just like I was going to push him.  He didn't want me to go into that dark place - never again. And I wasn't going to let him either.

"What you two have - it's a once in a lifetime - you fight for him, sweetheart. Fight for him with every last breath. No regrets, okay?"  (Oh Gabe I so hope you get your own story)


"You rescued me and I found my ruin." I bit down on my lip. "I'm ruined for you - and I won't ever be the same. It's the greatest gift anyone's ever given me."

"... Maybe it's not in the perfection of life that things make sense, but in the chaos."

This book was so heartbreaking and sweet.  Weston's and Kiersten's love shines through and conquers all.

4.5 Heartfelt Beautiful Thumbs Up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5
Lauren

Purchase Ruin (Kindle)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.