Wednesday 4 September 2013

Beneath the Surface (Reluctance #1) - Review

Beneath the Surface‏ (Reluctance #1)

by
Kyran Reese is a man in control. Driven when it comes to work, focused when it comes to play. From his office to the chalk circle of the bare-knuckle boxing ring, his only thought is to win. That thirst heightens when Dale Porter enters his life. His brother’s assistant should be off limits, but her witty comments and sarcastic comebacks have him desperate to get her between the sheets.

When Dale agrees to Kyran’s relationship stipulation of no labels she’s sucked into a whirlwind of lust, money, and underground boxing. Dale fights her growing affection, trying to hide it when the world around them spirals out of control. All too soon she realizes she can’t hide her true feelings any longer.

Has Kyran finally met his match? Could playing to win mean playing for keeps?




PURCHASE BENEATH THE SURFACE (RELUCTANCE #1) - KINDLE

Source: eARC for Honest Review from TWCS Publishing House via NetGalley
Genre: Adult Contemporary 

My Review...

Kyran is the misunderstood grumpy ass CEO with the only thing that makes him feel alive is fighting.
Well until....Dale.

Instantly there is a connection but they try to fight it off since it is against the rules until Kyran convinces her that they can have a no strings attached relationship.

This seemed like a great idea until things changed.
"Kiss me, Dale. Kiss me and make me forget everything. The hospital, my father, Taylor...but most of all, kiss me until I know what's going on with us."
Dale realizes right away what is happening that she is falling in love, but Kyran fights tooth and nail to not see what is right in front of him.

Dale tries to make a clean break but Kyran is a stubborn asshole. 
"But that's the problem right there, baby. I can't make myself go. I can't bring myself to walk out that door and call it quits."
Dale tries but can't do it so she let's Kyran go but at the same time she can't see the actions as she only wants to hear the words that will make her believe. 
"No, Kyran, it's not enough. I want more. I want it all. I'm tired of being second best- of being in a relationship without a label." 
Kyran tries to let her go but after literally getting some sense knocked into him he finally realizes what he could lose so he does whatever he can to win Dale back.
"I was falling in love with you. Hook. Line. And fucking sinker. You took the ground from under my feet and left me with nothing to cling to but you."
Cute story with bouts of fighting, passion, stubbornness and love.

3 Fighting Thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.