Friday 5 September 2014

Go with Me (With Me #2) by Elyssa Patrick -#bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L3PIMPG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00L3PIMPG&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=ZRCMXL75SADIZALE
Go With Me (With Me #2)

by

New Adult/Contemporary Romance - Recommended for readers 17 and older

I, Daphne Fox, have a few things to confess:

1. I hate Nick Brady. Loathe. Abhor. Can’t stand him 95% of the time.
2. That other 5%? I’m not talking about that at all.
3. People think I’m lucky for surviving the car crash. I disagree.
4. Nick is the only guy who makes my nightmares go away.
5. I won’t love him, though. Love is not worth the pain.

I, Nick Brady, have a few confessions of my own:

1. I don’t hate Daphne Fox. At all.
2. I find her scar sexy. Just like the rest of her.
3. I may be her older brother’s best friend, but that’s not going to stop me.
4. I love her.
5. And I’m going to do everything I can to have her.





Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy from Author and Xpresso Book Tours
Genre: NA Contemporary
Part 2 in a series but could be read as a standalone

My Go With Me Review ... 

Ok, so I don't know if the NA genre is growing old for me our I'm just been jaded lately but this book didn't do it for me. I really liked the first book so I was excited to read this one but in the end it was just ok.  Cute but ok.


I liked the idea of the book but it just got a bit tiresome for me with ....we hate each other , now we like each other, oh girl has issues (that weren't even that dramatic but did she milk them yes Daphne did), boy likes girl more than girl like boy, girl is afraid of basically everything then boom all of a sudden girl is just as head over heels in love with boy then way to lovey dovey for me then a tiny blow up then lovey dovey again.  (wow maybe I am jaded. Hmmph!)

It was a cute book and if I was in the age of 17 to 19 I think I would have loved it, but sadly I am WAY older and it didn't quite cut it for me.  It had sweet elements, I feel like it was trying to be too steamy and didn't quite fit in between all the lovey dovey stuff.  Nick was a sweetheart and I got a bit tired of Daphne's issues but the idea and premise were decent.  

3 Ok thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.