Saturday 1 November 2014

Caged in Winter by Brighton Walsh ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00INIXNTG/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00INIXNTG&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=UFWG3YRSAHR6BCAM
Caged in Winter

by

In this emotional and sexy New Adult debut from Brighton Walsh, the only thing more frightening than commitment is hope…...

Aspiring chef Cade Maxwell is immediately, viscerally attracted to Winter Jacobson. But it’s not her mouthwatering curves he’s drawn to—it’s the strange emptiness in her eyes. When Cade saves her from a drunken customer with grabby hands, he’s shocked at her response…...

Winter doesn’t need Cade’s help. After a lifetime of getting by on her own, she’s happy to rely on herself. She’s exactly seventy-six days away from graduating college, and if she can hold it together that long, she’ll finally be able to rise above the crappy hand she was dealt.

But now, every time she turns around, Cade is there, ready to push her, smile at her, distract her from her plans. Winter knows she can’t afford to open up—especially to a man she’s terrified to actually want….






Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Berkley Books 
Genre: NA Contemporary Romance

My Caged In Winter Review ...

Okay this book you will either love or be frustrated with.  It starts off a bit slow but you love Cade through out where you can either love her or not is with, Winter.  Some will love her brokenness and others will not. (I was on Team Not)


Cade has been through a lot of loss but what keeps him going is helping out people who need his love and protection like his sister and niece.  On a rare night out for him he's intrigued by a girl with empty eyes and a fiery spirit.

Winter hates her whole life and is just getting by.  The last thing she needs is a distraction with the likes of Cade.  For Winter it's not love at first sight for her especially when Cade swoops in tries to save the day. The last thing she wants is any help from anyone.  She's one of those fiercely independent woman who survives on her own.

As, I was digging the story for the most part but Winter's independence and tight lips started to frustrate me.  She was more stubborn than independent at times.  While reading I got to 73 % and I was like this ...



With a whole bunch of rage with me getting frustrated with Winter. 'For fucks sake just tell him about your past and let him in and move the fuck on'. Why Winter must you be so infuriating? Why?

then at 76 %



I can do it all on my own. I learned a long time ago that in the end, no one is going to be there but me."  
"I'm here. I'm right fucking here!"
(Here is the crux of the matter with me for her being so goddamn stubborn. Argh!)

Then we get to 78% of the book and I'm shocked


What, is that it??? That was her secret.  Geez! Girl get over yourself already.

Then at 88%


Finally Winter gets her head out of her ass .

This was sweet story and had many elements that I liked but for me Winter's issues drove me batty and not in a good way.  Like I said many will love her angst but it was not for me.  But let's talk about Cade. *sigh*  So sweet and loving from the get go.  Instead of dwelling on the negative he's moving forward in his life the best he can.  He to has his issues at times but he copes better than Winter does.

Even though I wanted to bitch slap Winter for the big chunk of the book,  the series has caught me some intrigue that I want to find out more with Tess and Jason.  :) It was a good story from this debut author and I do want to continue it just as long as all the heroines aren't like Winter.

3 My Angst is not caged in anymore thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
Lauren

PRE-ORDER: AMAZON (Kindle)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.