Saturday 18 April 2015

The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence #1) by Rachel Van Dyken ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P9QJVSW/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00P9QJVSW&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=UR2PHRN3YP67DVXO
The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence #1)

by

My name is Milo Caro and I have a confession to make.

I’ve been in love with Colton Mathews since I was five. He should have known that sharing a cookie with a sugar obsessed little monster would do the trick–it sealed his fate. So really, the fact that he’s sporting a black eye, a limp, almost got ran over by a car, and was nearly responsible for another person’s death? Right. HIs fault. Not mine.

I made a pact with myself–this weekend would be different. I’d come home for my brothers wedding, smile, and Colton would naturally melt into my arms, we’d get married have five kids, live in a house by the river, and get a dog named scratch (clearly I’ve thought this through).

What really happened? I punched my brother in the face, Colton kissed me and apologized, I lied about having a boyfriend, oh and everyone wants to meet the mystery man.

They say laughter always comes before insanity–ha, ha. All I wanted was my brother’s best friend…instead I’m sitting in prison.

Let this be a lesson to you all…life rarely happens the way you want it to.

Damn cookie.



PRE-ORDER FOR APR.21/15: AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN)


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Amazon Publishing via NetGalley
Genre: NA Comedic Contemporary
Part 1 in a new series
My The Consequences of Loving Colton Review...

Gah! I loved it! It has been forever since I had a book that I laughed or chuckled the whole way through.  Truthfully the Bet series may have been the last time.  This book is exactly what I needed.  So often in the romance genre the books all start to sound the same and at times I get jaded because I want something fresh and new.  In The Consequences of Loving Colton yes it is a similar story line with the brother's best friend and the little sister but with all the shenigans and humor it ended up being new and fun to read.


Unrequited love sucks!  Milo has always loved Colton but she's the tomboy little sister who has never gotten the attention of her older brothers best friend.


Colton has always loved Milo but was scared to lose her as a friend if it wasn't returned as well as didn't want to go there with his best friend.

Max is Milo's best friend and wingman

Reid is Max's brother

Jayne is Satan.

Jason is the brother and accident prone when his sister is around.

Grandma's a horndog.

Now you combine all these elements together and you got a great fun humor filled story.


Colton's fighting his feelings while Milo is lying to protect her heart.

"I'd rather fight with you, bicker with you, every dam day of my life than have nothing at all.  I'm selfish enough to want any piece of you-even if it's the bad, the ugly, the ridiculous.  So even if you hated me, I'd still die a happy man-because I'd still be on your mind."
It wasn't an easy journey for the princess and her knight but it was a worthwhile fun journey to find their bit of HEA. 

Gush! I adored this book.

4.5 Chuckle filled thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren


PRE-ORDER FOR APR.21/15: AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.