Monday 20 July 2015

Over The Top (Maverick Montana #4) by Rebecca Zanetti ~ #bookreview #contemporaryromance

http://amzn.to/1TL4upa
Over the Top (Maverick Montana #4)

by

Dawn Freeze had a huge crush on Hawk Rain for years, and the entire town knows it. It's understandable―the man is total hotness. That tall, lean body. Intense dark eyes. And always one foot out the door. Now he's on leave for exactly one week. And this time, he's made it crystal clear that he only wants one thing. Her.

Hawk's been fighting his attraction to Dawn for as long as he can remember. She's his best friend's little sister, and that means hands-off. Except now she's all grown up, and her sweet sexiness is exactly what he craves. But just as Hawk allows himself one mindblowingly intense night with Dawn, he learns that everyone he loves is in danger. Especially her.

And the only way to protect Dawn is to push her away...





PRE-ORDER FOR JULY 21/15 : AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN)


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Entangled Publishing (Brazen)
Genre: Adult Contemporary
Part 4 in a series but could be read as a standalone

My Over the Top Review ...   

I adore the Maverick Montana series and all the towns meddling ways.  So when finally we get Dawn and Hawk's story with Over the Top I jumped at this opportunity.  Sadly, though I didn't fall in love with this one as much as the others.  It was still cute but it didn't grab me like the others.  


Hawk is the best friends to the Freeze/Lodge boys .  He has also been the desire to his best friend's little sisters heart.  Dawn Freeze has loved Hawk forever, but it's always been unrequited.  Or has it?  Hawk has kept Dawn at arms length for a reason but now back in town he's willing to give it a go. 

"Most guys don't like that much wildness." He tucked the picture back into his wallet.  "I do.  Don't want to tame it.  Don't even want to mellow it.  I just want to possess it and keep it close, wrap myself in it and keep it safe."


The small town of Maverick Montana are tired of Hawk dragging his heels where it comes to Dawn so the make it their mission to meddle their way through to give these two the deserving HEA.  Dawn and Hawk are perfect together but Hawk's past is coming to the present.  Hawk has always wanted to keep everyone he loves safe but he always underestimates his friends and their woman as well as Dawn.  

"You've been chasing me for years, baby, and it's time I caught you." 

This book was cute and I did like it, I just didn't love it.  There was no wow factor for me this time around.  Would I read more from this series?  Yes.  Did I like Dawn and Hawk together?  Yes the balance each other out nicely.  Did I love the meddling ways of this town?  Yes but for some reason I wanted more like we get in the other books from this series.  Would I recommend this book?  Sure, yeah it was cute and had some humorous elements.  It's just not one of those books that will leave an imprint for a long time afterwards. 

3 Meddling Ways Thumbs up!  

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren


 PRE-ORDER FOR JULY 21/15 : AMAZON (US) | AMAZON (CAN) 





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.