Wednesday 18 November 2015

Leveled (Saints of Denver #0.5) by Jay Crownover ~ #bookreview #MM #romance @WmMorrowBks

http://amzn.to/1N81Xpt
Leveled (Saints of Denver #0.5)


by

We all need a hero...let the Saints of Denver begin

Orlando Frederick knows what it is to be leveled by pain. Instead of focusing on his own, he’s made it his mission to help others: sports stars, wounded war vets, survivors of all kinds. But when Dom, a rugged, damaged, sinfully attractive cop, makes his way into Lando’s physical therapy practice, he might be the biggest challenge yet. Lando loved one stubborn man before and barely survived the fallout. He’s not sure he can do it again.

Dominic Voss is a protector. The police badge he wears is not only his job, it’s his identity, so when he’s sidelined because of an injury, the only thing he cares about is getting back on the force. He expects Lando to mend his body, he just doesn’t realize the trainer will also have him working toward a hell of a lot more. As attraction simmers and flares, Dom sees that Lando needs repair of his own...if only the man will let him close enough to mend what's broken.


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27240468-leveled?ac=1&from_search=1


Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Williams Morrow Via Edelweiss
Genre: MM Adult Contemporary Romance
Part #0.5 in a new spin off series


My Leveled Review . . . 

As soon as I saw this book, I jumped at the chance at reading it.  Once I started reading it, I realized that I never finished the Marked Men Series which left me a tiny bit lost.  For some reason I thought I was caught up, but I wasn't.  I still had to read Rowdy and Asa.  After finding out this dilemma, I put down Leveled and powered through Rowdy and Asa.  Sure I could have figured out the story without that, but by doing this I got to truly know everything and everyone that is going on within this new series. 


Orlando (Lando) Frederick was the secret boyfriend of Remy Archer and Dominic Voss is the best friend of Royal.  These two would have never run into each other before, but now Dom needs physical therapy after a tragic on the job accident.  Thankfully Royal knew people aka the Archers whom could pull some strings to get him into see Lando. 

Once Dom walks in the door, Lando's world is forever changed.  Unfortunately he wasn't ready for this change because he's still stuck in the past with Remy.  

"Most things that are easy aren't worth much.  It's the things you have to work for that matter the most."


Dom and Lando have great chemistry but have to wade through Lando's baggage in order to have any happiness.   These two were destined to be together but just had a bumpy road to get there. I adored them, even though at times I wanted to throttle Lando with his secret keeping, heart shielding ways.  Thankfully Dom was worth the risk, otherwise I don't know what would have happened to poor Lando.

This little novella was a great way to close out the original series, while healing old wounds and opening up to new possibilities.   I love all the Marked Men, which made having them within this novella even though in small parts very rewarding to my bad boy tattoo loving ways.  Now after reading the Marked Men series and this prequel I can't wait for more with the Saints of Denver.  Yeah! Zeb & Sayer that is going to be a great match once one finally makes a move.  

4 Adored it thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.