Saturday 12 December 2015

The Truth About Him (Everything I Left Unsaid #2) by Molly O'Keefe ~ #bookreview #romance

http://amzn.to/1jxETT8
The Truth About Him (Everything I Left Unsaid #2)


by

For fans of Christina Lauren and Jodi Ellen Malpas comes the next novel in M. O’Keefe’s breathtakingly sexy series about a woman called into a journey of the heart, body, and soul.
 
We played our roles, told each other lies.

But now Dylan is no longer just a mysterious deep voice on the other end of the line. We’re face-to-face and our relationship is very, very real.

We still have secrets—but so much is crystal clear:

The thrilling danger.

The raw, naked desire.

The need to keep feeling the way he makes me feel. Forever.

Dylan is putting up walls, trying to keep me safe, but he can’t shut me out. He has seen my darkness and rescued me. Now it’s my turn, if only he will let me.





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25387182-the-truth-about-him



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Random House | Bantam via NetGalley
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 2 in an ongoing series


My The Truth About Him Review . . . 

Thank goodness I had book two at the helm after that doozy of a cliffhanger in Everything I left Unsaid, this way I was able to immediately continue with the story.  

The trailer park that was once a sanctuary for Annie, turns to kick her in the ass but is also her savior as well.  As Hoyt is trying to drag Annie, back to her previous life, she's trying to figure out how she can stay living and also have her new future which she was just starting to enjoy.  


For Dylan to truly save Annie, he too has to face his past.  And right now he has to lean on that past if he has any hope in saving her.  With this newest tragedy it gives Annie and Dylan something in common, but it will either bring them together or rip them apart. 

Annie, has had enough with the garbage that is her life so to get a reprieve she buries her head in the sand.

. . . he wanted to protect her.  Because of whatever secret she was forcing him to keep from her. 

However, that reprieve won't be for long now that Dylan's past is coming to haunt them.  Of course, these two don't do anything easy and keep on keeping secrets and holding truths, which only causes more conflict. 

With all that keeps happening to them Dylan comes to the trailer park to protect Annie, but here he's able to forgive and move forward as well.  Another issue with these two is their lack of self worth causing them to have so many martyr moments that it got to be frustrating at times.

~ But Annie deserved someone good. And I used to think I could be the guy to give it to her.  But it looked like that was only a dream.~


"Maybe he deserves more than me," Annie said.
Dylan and Annie have to find their worth and put all the truths on the table if they want any happiness together.  It won't be easy, but it's the only way. 
 
I quite liked this two books and there is so much potential for more from this series.  There were a few things that irked me a bit but also could have been fixed for the finally copy so they may be a non issue.  There were some switches from first to third that threw me off sometimes and if there was one more reference to kudzu I was going to throw my kindle as that analogy was used way too much throughout the series.  Plus as you all know I'm never a fan of martyr heroines/heroes and the both of them had too many moments of this.  

Besides my slight dislikes did like the book?  Yes, but not as much as the first book.  What didn't I like about it?  I think it was their too many martyr moments which made me get more frustrated with them instead of loving them.  What I liked best?  I liked how the story was set up into parts and I'm always a fan of second chances when they are deserved.  Did I like the ending? Yes, as I did.  I felt like it closed off this couple well as well as opened for more from this series. Will I continue with this series? Absolutely as I can't wait to find out more about Joan and Max. 

3. 5 The Truth will set you free thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren




  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.