Tuesday 3 May 2016

Fly With Me (Wild Aces #1) by Chanel Cleeton ~ #bookreview #releaseday #militaryromance @BerkleyRomance @SignetEclipse

http://amzn.to/1Tt8mJ4
Fly With Me (Wild Aces #1)

by

From the author of the Capital Confessions Novels comes the first in the steamy Wild Aces Romance series.

U.S. Air Force fighter pilot Noah Miller—call sign Burn—loves nothing more than flying hard and fast. When he meets a gorgeous and sassy woman while partying in Las Vegas, he immediately locks on to her.

Jordan Callahan owns a thriving clothing boutique, but her love life is far less successful. Her luck changes when six feet, two inches of sexy swagger asks her to dance and turns her world upside down.

One scorching weekend becomes an undeniable chemistry that they can’t leave in Vegas. But the long distance relationship and their different lives threaten to ground their romance. And when the dangers of Noah’s job become all too real, Jordan learns being with a fighter pilot means risking it all for a shot at love…



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26822886-fly-with-me?from_new_nav=true&ac=1&from_search=true



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Berkley | Penguin Group
Genre: Adult Military Romance
Part 1 in a new series

My Fly with Me Review . . .

I first fell for this author with her Capital Confession series and then when I found out that this series is very near and dear to her heart I had to read it knowing that there was going to be so much more of an emotional impact within it.  How could there not be when it's so close to home. 

Noah Miller is a U.S. Air Force fighter pilot.  He's not technically looking for love but he's also not opposed to the idea.    Jordan Callahan is a woman who is independent and very family driven.  When she was in Vegas for her sister's bachelorette party, the last thing she thought she would find would be her soul mate.
My mother was right.  I was a romantic shit show.
What started as instant chemistry between these two ended up being so much more.  At first it was supposed to be just for the weekend then that expanded into another visit with another weekend and on and on.  If you've ever been in a long distance relationship they already tend to escalate with the circumstances of the distance, now add the stress of the military and the unknown of that variable and it super charges the situation. 


I have to admit than when Military romances are written well that they can gut me, like this one did.   This story wasn't filled with unnecessary angst.  Instead it was a sturdy story about love when we least expect and the sacrifices it takes to make it.  Jordan was a strong character who had a lot to deal with being the partner who has to give up the most in this relationship since she's non-military.  Sometimes author portray strong as bitchy but Chanel handled the strength just fine with an edge of humor included.
"Newsflash, no one digs the 'stache.  You look like Chester the Molester."
Now let's talk Noah.  *swoon*.  He's one of those super Alphas but with a HUGE heart which gets amplified with their situation.  

I can't imagine the tolls of this lifestyle would take on anyone.  To be able to conquer and thrive, you have to be strong, loyal and committed.
" . . . I don't know what we're doing here.  Every time I have to say good-bye to you, it feels like I'm being sliced in half."
And these two had all of those characteristics which helped especially when not everyone was on board with this relationship.
Marriage is a big step.  Military marriage is a leap without a net to catch you.  It's all or nothing, and that's a lot to ask. 
This story was beautiful and heart breaking.  Just when I thought everything was going to work out for everyone,  I get gutted.  (insert the tissue here)  However, even though this hurt my heart it was necessary to the story line to really cement the impact of what this lifestyle is like.  To have their version of a HEA, it takes a lot but with that leap of faith anything is possible. 
"What can you promise me?" 

"That I love you.  That I'll always love you. That I will do everything in my power to stay safe, to come home to you.  That I will die loving you, whenever that is.  That I will do anything I can to make this lifestyle work for us.  That if it comes down to a choice I can make, I will always choose you over my career.  I'll give you a family if you want it.  I'll spend my life loving you, working to make you happy."
This was a great story and I'm so happy I got the chance to read and review this one.  I've been home sick for a few days and this was exactly what I need to fill my heart while I'm mending.  Can't wait to read more from this author and this series.

4 Leap of Faith thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.