Thursday 18 August 2016

Refrain (Soul #3) by Kennedy Ryan ~ #bookreview #romance

http://amzn.to/2b81e7Q
Refrain (Soul #3)


by



People dream of a love that runs deep. So deep it feels like it's always been with you, just waiting for the person who'll own your heart and soul forever. So few ever find it, but for Rhyson Gray and Kai Pearson, happily ever after was only the beginning...

One of the biggest rock stars in the world and one of the brightest rising stars make a life together. Sometimes it's glamour-filled days and blissed out nights, but it's mostly staying true in the too-bright glare of the spotlight. It's long stretches where the road is lonely and the work is hard. It's living in a love that's the safest place you know even while danger lurks at your door.

Book 3 of The Soul series is an emotionally-charged epic conclusion that had to be told and should not be missed for fans of this series and this couple!


 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30362372-refrain?ac=1&from_search=true



Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 3 of an ongoing series


My Refrain Review . . .

Once I heard there was going to be a third book in this series I wasn't sure to be excited or not about it.  I quite liked My Soul to Keep but Down To My Soul left me a bit annoyed with the character development but I thought it had ended well.  So when I heard there story was continuing I wasn't sure how it was going to play out.  And now I have to admit that I'm quite glad it continued because we got to see how Rhyson and Kai are growing after all their dysfunctional mishaps in the beginning of their relationship.

Refrain starts a bit after Down to My Soul ends with Kai now under Rhyson's label and the two of them living together.  Of course they both have some of their old issues but they are working through them so they can make their relationship work.   Plus of course this book is full of their usual steam.  These two know how to heat up the sheets.

"You might, uh, wanna just stand here for a second unless you want this boner poking Aunt Ruthie in the eye."

Things don't always go to plan, which is the ebbs and flows to life.  But it's when things go wrong and how we deal with it, is the true test.  What these two have learned, is the most important thing to do is communicate and be honest with one another.  Tested again these two make the effort and come out on top.


As Rhyson and Kai are trying to make things work personally,  Rhyson is also doing his best to make his label successful.  Balancing those things is tough enough, now add a cracker jack stalker in the mix and all hell is going to break loose.  Now these two have to find out what is the most important to them in this trying time. Is it success?  Is it family?  Is it each other? Or is it all of the above?  

"My heart and every other part of me says I'm yours.  I love you, Pep, more than anything in this world."
Like I said, I did quite like this book and I did like it better than Down To My Soul.  My real only beef with the story was the part with the stalker.  It started out strong but that story line ended up feeling too rushed and kind of felt out of left field with the whom and why.   Besides that issue, we do get to see Rhyson and Kai have their HEA and we also got to see more of Grip and Bristol.

Now that I'm completely invested in this series I can't wait for Grip and Bristol's story.  January 2017 can't come soon enough.   Plus there is so much potential for more with this series from all the other musicians that are under Rhyson's label.

3.5 Communication is the key thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up  . 5

Lauren











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.