Monday 9 July 2012

Book Boyfriend Monday - Henry Jamison

This week I decided to go for one from one of my favorites books Heart on a Chain. 

This week my book boyfriend is Henry Jamison from Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennett

Here are some of the reasons why I love Henry:
1) How Henry loved Kate no matter what. He saw her as her and he did not care about anything from what she wore or where she came from.
2) I also love his family it is always great to have a good family with your boyfriends
3) How he had Kate's back when shit hit the fan for her.
4) How he always loved her and was willing to wait forever for her

Here are some examples why Henry is dear to my heart:

He nods unhappily, tears still running down his cheeks. He carries me instead into the clinic. (oh Henry! )

"I love you," he says. I stare at him stunned. Before I can begin to fully process his words, another wave washes over our heads, pulling us apart. This time, Henry manages to keep hold of my hand.

"And I think now that I have to wonder if you're good enough for her!" They both laugh while I shake my head at them. "Well," Henry says, "if I'm not, I'm going to try really hard to make myself worth."  Henry reaches us and leans down to pull my hand up into his.

"Kate, I've loved you for years. I mean, I know twelve-year-olds don't know what love is, so I guess I should say I've really liked you for years. But when I saw you this year, I knew. I knew we should be together.  I just didn't know how hard you were going to make me work to get you to even like me. So, yeah, of course I want you to love me back."

"I'm living at home, going to school here, at the university, which I will be doing for the next three years.  And after that I don't know where I will be, but wherever it is I want to be there with you. I don't want to go without you, but I will. And then I'll come back for you. If I have to wait one day or twenty years, I'll wait for you...."

Quotes and passages from Heart on a Chain by Cindy C. Bennett


                           

Heart On A Chain

by

17-year-old Kate has lived her whole life in abject poverty, with an alcoholic father and drug-addicted mother, who severely abuses Kate. At school, her second-hand clothing marks her as a target. Her refusal to stand up for herself makes her the recipient of her classmates taunts and bullying. That is, until Henry returns.

Henry Jamison moved away six years earlier, just as he and Kate had begun an to develop feelings for one another. He returns to find the bright, funny, outgoing girl he had known now timidly hiding in corners, barely speaking to anyone around her, suspicious of even him.

Kate can’t figure out what game Henry is playing with her - for surely it is a game. What else would the gorgeous, popular boy from her past want with her?

Kate finally decides to trust Henry’s intentions, opening her heart to him. Just when it seems he might be genuine in his friendship, tragedy strikes, threatening everything Kate has worked so hard to gain. Can Henry help her to overcome this new devastation, or will it tear them apart forever?


From Goodreads





Goodreads_icon_50x50 


Heart On A Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.