Sunday 18 November 2012

Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles #1)


Confessions of an Alli Cat (The Cougar Chronicles, #1)

ADULT ROMANCE

Source: Kindle
 
by
Thirty-five year-old Allison “Alli” Lancaster has it all—a fabulous job, a beautiful 15 year-old daughter, a hilarious BFF and a gorgeous house with a pool and Jacuzzi in an exclusive Las Vegas neighborhood. What she doesn’t have is a husband, because she kicked her lousy, cheating ex to the curb nine months ago. Since then, Alli has paid her dues with seemingly endless self-improvement and seemingly endless mourning. Now she’s ready to move on and try new things.

Alli’s idea of “trying new things” is nothing like that devil-of-a-best-friend of hers. Somehow, Sara, the devil of a best friend, talks Alli into trying out a sex toy, sleeping with a younger man and letting a stranger in a lab jacket put hot wax on a place that should never, ever, ever see wax. And that’s only the beginning.

Alli never saw her life going quite like this. She also never thought she’d meet someone else who had the very real potential to change her life forever.

But she did.

Enter the new guy. He’s gorgeous, refined and mature. He’s also marriage material. But that poses a problem for Alli, who renounced the institution of marriage when she renounced her ex. What’s a girl to do?

They say that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. But what the heck happens when you can’t leave Vegas? Well, you spin the wheel, of course. You play the game and let the chips fall where they may.

Alli just hopes she can find them all.

*******

Caution! Only read this book if you want to laugh and are not offended at adult themes and language. This is not a Young Adult book. 


From Goodreads 
Goodreads-badge-add-plus

My Review...

I quite liked this book. It was witty, fun, steamy and sexy. I love Courtney Cole's past YA work so I was excited to see what she was going to do for the Adult genre and she did an amazing job. 

I liked the way the book was written and the shenigans that Alli and Sara are hilarious.  The waxing scene was to die for. OMG. 

Now I have to admit I could have gone either way with the choice of the May/ December thing with Shade (which was HOT by the way) or with Alex which is equally steamy but different.  The only downside for me was that I felt that at the end things got wrapped up to quickly and cleanly but that is just me and that might be leaving room for the next book.  However I did love the end, HELL I loved the whole book. :)

I know there is a second book in the works but I don't know if it is more about Alli or if it is going to be about Sara or someone else. All I know is that I will be definitely reading it. 

A great quote from the book :

"And women don't usually like to be looked at. They feel vulnerable, exposed. They are self-conscious about their perceived flaws. What they don't understand is that men don't see them the same way they see themselves. We see curves and we love those curves.  Confidence is sexy as hell, Alli Cat.  It's the sexiest possible think that you can wear."

Hmm something to think about ladies.  

For this fab book. I say 4.5 Thumbs up! thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up .5 

Lauren

To buy this book on Amazon:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.