Thursday 15 November 2012

Get your Groove on Thursday - Yet You Stay

This week I decided to go with one of Abbi Glines's Characters from the Existence Series

When Abbi wrote the books she had a genius idea to have her characters as singers then produced the songs from the books from the actual characters. Friggin' Genius!

This one is on my daily playlist. Love it!

Yet You Stay by Dank Walker

Buy From iTunes USA

Yet You Stay - Single - Dank Walker 

Buy from iTunes Canada

Yet You Stay - Single - Dank Walker 

Yet you stay. Holding onto me, yet you stay, reaching out a hand I push away. The cold is not meant for you yet you stay, you stay, you stay. When I know it's not right for you.

The ice fills my veins and I can't feel the pain, yet you're there like the heat that sends me screaming in fear.

I can't feel the warmth I need to feel the ice. I want to hold it all in and numb it till I can't feel the knife.

Your heat threatens to melt it all and I know I can't bear the pain if the ice melts away.

So I push you away and I scream out your name and I know I can't need you yet you give anyway and I run wishing you would run too.

Yet you stay. Holding onto me yet you stay reaching out a hand that I push away. The cold is not meant for you yet you stay, you stay, you stay.  When I know it's not right for you....

Song excerpt from Existence by Abbi Glines

I absolutely love this series and this concept. Yeah ! Abbi Glines



Existence (Existence Trilogy #1)

by
What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules. 


From Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.