Monday 8 July 2013

Book Boyfriend Monday - Adrian Westfall

This week's Book Boyfriend is going to go to Adrian Westfall from Facade Game #2 by Nyrae Dawn since I can't seem to get him and his story out of my head. 

I absolutely loved Adrian and here are some of the reasons why...
  1. He is so tortured and broken yet deserves so much happiness and joy
  2. He is a master of words and thoughts.  (His stories and poems. Gah! So beautiful!)
  3. He wants and needs to be loved so bad that he's scared to open his heart but when he opens it, he blows it wide open and it is breathtaking.


Some examples of Adrian's beauty:

"Let me bandage your heart the way you did my hand."

"Haunt me, 
my little ghost,
Possess me.
Live inside me,
And scare away my sins
Until there's nothing left.
But you."

Skin to skin
Breath to breath
Touch to fell
Body to soul
But only
To Chase
Away
Your ghosts
 
My little ghost,
Still haunts my nights,
Walking with stars,
I reach out my hand,
Hold the stars
And hope, one day,
They'll be you.
I'm not ready. I'm trying.
"You helped me stop bleeding. You made my heart beat when I thought it was gone. All those things you said I do for you? They're nothing compared to what you do for me."

All phrases, poems, quotes from Kindle version of Facade (Games #2) by Nyrae Dawn

Facade (Games #2)

by
Can love save them?

After her father commits a crime that shatters her family, eighteen-year-old Delaney Cross is tired of pretending everything is all right. Packing up her car, she sets out to find the people her father hurt. Her search leads her to places she’s never been—and into the arms of Adrian Westfall.

To the outside world, Adrian is a sexy, charming ladies’ man. But his playboy persona is just an act. Secretly his soul is tortured by a memory too painful to share. Only Delaney seems to see through his façade to the real man underneath. And for the first time in his life, Adrian feels he can begin to open up about his past.

Together, Adrian and Delaney share a passionate love they never expected to find. Yet both still harbor their own secrets. When the dark truth is finally revealed, will it bring them closer together—or tear them apart forever?

Synopsis from Goodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.