Thursday 5 March 2015

Here With Me (The Archer Brothers #1) by Heidi McLaughlin ~#bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OP2EF0K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00OP2EF0K&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=2QFHNEBLJTFBAZYR
Here with Me (The Archer Brothers #1)

 
 
by
 

Ryley Clarke has grown up with the military in her blood, with both parents serving their country. Ryley knows the risks of being married to the military. But when the unthinkable happens, and her future husband is killed in action, Ryley can barely survive... until Evan's twin brother, Nate, helps her pick up the pieces.

After serving on a special mission with the military for six years, Evan Archer returns home to find the unthinkable - the love of his life, Ryley Clarke - engaged to his brother, Nate. With Nate on deployment, Evan needs to figure out what happened in his absence, and more importantly, how to win Ryley back from the man he once considered his best friend, but now thinks of as his rival.







Source: Kindle
Genre: NA Contemporary
Part 1 in an ongoing series.

My Here with Me Review...



WOW! Even just the synopsis reeled me in, but once I started I was riveted with the story.  And what a story it was.  I can't even imagine what I would do if that happened to me.  Imagine finding your soul mate when you are young then being happy and pregnant but after a mission he never comes home.  After finding out he was dead, your heart breaks.  How do you move on?? 
"I'm here because six years ago I lost the love of my life, but now he's back from the dead, and in a few weeks I'm set to marry my best friend. His brother."
Well you move on for the love of your son who never got to meet his daddy, and with the love and support your lost love's twin brother.  What you don't expect is to fall in love with the twin then to find out that there has been some sort of HUGE mistake and your love isn't dead.

Now a ghost from the past comes back to life but how do you move forward again? With your past? Or with your future?  This is what happens to poor Ryley and Evan.  The minute these two meet as teens it is love at first sight.  Mourning Evan nearly destroyed Ryley but with the support of Evan's twin Nate, she's able to finally move forward.  Now that Evan is back she doesn't know how to go forward.  Evan or Nate?

For Evan he believed that Ryley was home waiting for him as he watches his son grow up through pictures and care packages, so it's quite the shock to find out that it was all a HUGE misunderstanding.  But whose fault was it?  How does one person think he's dead while he believes his life was going to start back where he last left it.  
"I want to know how to get my girl back.  I miss Ryley like crazy, and I want to know my son."
The way the story was set up with Ryley and Evan going to therapy where you get to see each side of the story was perfect.  You feel their pain and heart ache through out.  Then once the emotional stage is set the story becomes more about Evan, EJ and Ryley. 
 "As far as I'm concerned, we're together.  We didn't break up unless you want to break up with me now."
Their connection can't be denied but there are so many loose variables that it's not making this a smooth sailing journey for these two.   As these two are getting to know each other again Nate is still away on a mission without any knowledge of what is going on.  We still don't know the truth of who knows and why?  We think we might have a clear decision of whom Ryley chooses but you know that would be way to easy which leaves us with a cliffhanger as we wait to find out how the secrets unfold and to see if Ryley chooses the right brother.  Gah!
It's not going to matter which side I step to; The Archer twins will never be the same.
The story was fabulous.  The concept was great.  The set up and development was great.  The story kept me engaged and the ending left me hanging desperately waiting for more.


4.5 Well done thumbs up!
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up. 5
Lauren

BUY: AMAZON (KINDLE)














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.