Tuesday 24 March 2015

Manwhore (Manwhore #1) by Katy Evans ~ #bookreview, #releaseday

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MK395BU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00MK395BU&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=SV5VD2PKKKW3KVUP
Manwhore (Manwhore #1)

by

Is it possible to expose Chicago’s hottest player—without getting played?

This is the story I've been waiting for all my life, and its name is Malcolm Kyle Preston Logan Saint. Don’t be fooled by that last name though. There’s nothing holy about the man except the hell his parties raise. The hottest entrepreneur Chicago has ever known, he’s a man’s man with too much money to spend and too many women vying for his attention.

Mysterious. Privileged. Legendary. His entire life he’s been surrounded by the press as they dig for tidbits to see if his fairytale life is for real or all mirrors and social media lies. Since he hit the scene, his secrets have been his and his alone to keep. And that’s where I come in.

Assigned to investigate Saint and reveal his elusive personality, I’m determined to make him the story that will change my career.

But I never imagined he would change my life. Bit by bit, I start to wonder if I'm the one discovering him...or if he's uncovering me.

What happens when the man they call Saint, makes you want to sin?







Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Gallery Books and Sullivan and Partners via NetGalley
 Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
Part 1 in a new series

My Manwhore Review...

This is another book that I had mixed reviews on.  I liked the concept and story.  I loved Malcolm Saint.  But there were parts that drove me bat shit crazy.  


Rachel's a girl who has dreams and ambitions.  She's loyal (too loyal) and dedicated.  So when she gets the chance of a life time she jumps on it.  This story can change her life and career.  But doing an expose on the Chicago's most successful bachelor and manwhore might come with a surprise. 

Malcolm Saint is a bit of an enigma.  He's successful, powerful and loyal.  He also loves to party and not take life too seriously.  Besides business what he does well with is, woman.  But what he is, is very private.  The last thing he should do is trust a reporter. 


Rachel uses the pretense to interview Saint for one of his projects.  Instantly Saint's taken with her as she doesn't fit his standard woman.  She intrigues him.  The more he gets to know her the more he wants to know.  For the first time Saint wants more than just a play thing. 

Rachel's instantly taken with the powerful Malcolm Saint, so it doesn't come as surprise that she starts to get smitten with him.  However, crossing that line from expose to lover is a line that can't be uncrossed.



"What is this?   Am I a challenge to you now?" His lips quirk.  "A challenge is something you stop wanting once you acquire it.  I can't know if you're a challenge yet until I make you mine."

Rachel fights her attraction which only confuses her more.  Which doesn't help because she's has some weird loyal pledge to her BFF that even confounds the issue more for her.

"We're in the smart girls' closet, where all the girls who never want to be brokenhearted go. Right? ..." (insert eye roll here... come on Gina just because you got hurt doesn't mean you have to try and control your friends life)

"Don't sleep with him, Rachel, not him," (Dear Gina, butt out! Why the hell does her BFF have so much power of her personal relationships?)

"Maybe he was alone at the function, but I bet he's not alone now,"  Gina offers ... (Grrrrrrrrr not a fan of Gina)

Dear Gina ...



Normally I get mad at weak whiny heroines when they got hurt once, wah, and then they can't move on and continue to guard their hearts in case they ever get hurt again.  But here is the clincher for me.  Rachel hasn't even ever been heart broken by a boy before. Yes, she lost her dad young but she's living this heartache vicariously through her friend.  So, she's protecting her heart because her friend got hurt.  My thoughts to that are ...



"Gina, just having feelings for him makes me feel like I'm betraying me and you.  We said we wouldn't do this."  (What the ever loving fuck kind of pack is that?)

Argh! The loyalty to her friend's heartbreak is sweet in a way but really it's super annoying when the main heroine doesn't even know what heartache is, so there's a lot of stress for this relationship for no real reason.  :(

Let me tell you Saint totally won me over.  He might have been a player but when he had the chance of real relationship he jumped on it, turning his back to his manwhore ways. 
It didn't seem right for you to spend another day without the luxury of a gift from a man who thinks of you.  M.S.  

"I'm excellent at fooling around.  I was made to fuck around.  If anyone can tell the difference between fucking around and the real thing, it's me."

Now that Rachel has stepped over the line and her heart is on the line all hell breaks loose when her dirty secret comes out.  

Dear Rachel ...

Did you really think that was not going to blow up in your face?


And then after all this, we're left with a cliffhanger. Noooooooooooooo!  July 7th is when we will get to find out what happens after Rachel's epic screw up.  Will she be able to save face?  Will Saint go back to his own ways?  I NEED TO KNOW!!!!  Pre-Order Manwhore +1 Here: Amazon (CAN) | Amazon (US) 

If it was just Saint he would get 5 thumbs up!  If it was for the couple I would give them 4 thumbs up! But that damn Gina storyline drove me batty.  I got it but I didn't respond to it which made me have mixed feelings for this book when I wouldn't have if it wasn't for her.  So, in the end even though there were parts that I LOVED I have to sadly give it a ...

3.5 Too loyal thumbs up! 

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5 

Lauren



  Pre-Order Manwhore +1: Amazon (CAN) | Amazon (US) 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.