Sunday 10 May 2015

Kane's Hell by Elizabeth Finn ~ #bookreview

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VQUV72S/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00VQUV72S&linkCode=as2&tag=lirebr-20&linkId=D4LZ4ICJVYNRQMGD
Kane's Hell

by

Kane and Helene were the best of friends until a nightmare devastated them… Hopes were destroyed, dreams shattered, a budding teenage love torn to pieces. Eleven years later their lives are nothing like they once were. Time has changed them … and not for the better.

Helene is smart, driven, and accomplished—her education and achievements a smoke screen hiding the frigid and fragile child wounded long ago.

Kane is equally obsessed with his coping mechanisms—fighting … drinking … screwing … compulsively destroying himself one vice at a time.

When their paths collide again, their past becomes an obstacle no coping mechanism in the world can protect them from. But confronting the past so they can heal in the present is no easy task. Can Kane reach Helene and recapture what used to burn so warmly between them, or will his own self destructive demons pull her into his hell?

A woman determined to look forward. A man always looking back. A love desperate to be restored.

“You’re the brightest, warmest star in my universe. You’ll never be less than everything to me.”

WARNING: This book contains darker subject matter and violent content that may be difficult for some readers.








Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Author
Genre: Adult Contemporary with darker content
Standalone


My Kane's Hell Review ...


This book is raw, heavy, heartbreaking and beautiful.  Elizabeth Finn has done it again with another amazing heart wrenching story.  This is such a hard review to write because this is a story that you need to experience on your own.  Instead of one of my traditional reviews I'm going to try and communicate with quotes from the books and emotions triggered. 



"I want all of you, regardless of the fact I deserve nothing from you.  Things can't go on this way with us.  It's tearing me apart.  I put myself in your life, because I wanted to see who you were now."

HURT


"... But don't ask me a question unless you want the honest answer, because you're going to get the truth, however ugly it is, upsetting it is, or shocking it is."

ANGUISH


"I've missed you so fucking much, he said quietly.  "Nothing has made sense in my life without you." 

LOSS

"Please don't make me a bad memory.  Let me be a good one."

HOPE

"I am always going to love you, Hell.  And you will always have a place in my world if you want one.  But your disappointment in me hurts.  It's completely valid, but if fucking hurts.  And that's not going to end.  There are things in my past I can't expect you to cope with.  I can't ..."

TORMENT

"You're the brightest, warmest star in my universe,"  I whispered.  "You will never be less than everything to me." I pulled back, studying her eyes.  "You're my Hell."

AGONY

"I'm not good at much in this world." 
"But I'm good at loving you,"

WANT

"Of course my walk brought me here.  Everything in my life seems to bring me to you."

NEED

"I'm just trying to figure out how to deserve you, Helene."

HEARTBREAK

"I want to be a part of you," I whispered.  "You are a part of me,"  she whispered back.  "You always have been."

PASSION

"I need your forgiveness."

DESPAIR

"Sometimes nothing is enough-not even everything."

SAD

"We deserved a better life than this."

REDEMPTION

"You were my flower too,"  she whispered.  "My warmth in the cold, my beautiful thing in all the ugly.  You don't have to be afraid of this."

COMPLETION

This book has a tragic dark story but so worth the read and very recommended.  It's a hard heavy journey but with a very beautiful ending.  There is always light in the dark and beauty within the ugly and this book portrays it so well. 

4.5 Heavy but achingly beautiful thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up . 5

Lauren 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.