Friday 14 August 2015

Hold Me Fast (McCullough Mountain #7) by Lydia Michaels ~ #bookreview #contemporary #romance @Lydia_Michaels

http://amzn.to/1NeJNA6
Hold Me Fast {McCullough Mountain 7}


by

It’s more than a mountain. It’s a love story generations long.

Maureen O’Leahey has always hoped for a family to love, but with so many men returning from a lost war, she finds life to be a bit less romantic than expected—until she stares in to the blue eyes of Frank McCullough. Though the odds are against them, Frank and Maureen can’t seem to keep their distance. Against her father’s wishes, Maureen falls for the boy trying so hard to make it as a man and Frank fights to keep every promise made to the fiery red head that’s captured his heart.

During difficult times, they find solace in each other. As Frank struggles to do right by his young bride and Maureen aches to be a good wife, they are taught the true value of patience and shown the strength of unconditional love in this memorable story of a devoted Irishman and an untamable woman with a remarkable spirit.






Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy from Author 
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Part 7 of 7 in this series

My Hold Me Fast Review ...

"I love your mother very much, Luke.  I may not always say it or show it, but that woman is the breath of this family and my soul." 
I have to admit that this series is one of my favorites.  I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about Maureen & Frank's story, but I LOVED it!   Their story was perfect and a great way to finish off the series.

In the first part of the book it's about how Maureen and Frank became a couple.  It's here we get to really understand how this amazing family came to be.  Maureen's a bit certifiable but that is one of the reasons that I love her.  She's strong, determined and knows what she wants.

Staring at the heavens he opened his hands in a pleading gesture.  "She's a lunatic, isn't she?  You sent me a faulty model."  Grumbling, he marched after her.  "Maureen" 

Right from 17 years old Maureen has known who she is what she wants.  Thankfully Frank is on board with this plan.   As we already knew from the rest of the series that Frank is a misunderstood quiet man, but also he's the cement of this beautiful family.

"You are a romantic soul, Frank McCullough.  I'll not tell the other boys to protect your reputation." 

It may have been love at first sight for these two but it wasn't an easy road.  Especially since Maureen's such a spit fire.

. . . Apparently, sex was why men got married, according to her sisters.  Maureen wasn't so sure.  Her father had always said a man was incomplete without a wife but once married, he was finished. . .

"You think I have nothin' better to do than wait around so you can legally take my virginity?  You can think again, Mr. McCollough.  I have standards and they aren't the sort that crumble for some blue eyed, silver-tongued Irishman wantin' to put his lips on me.  I'll be expectin' a gentleman, next time I see you, if your lips will be gettin' anywhere near me-"

"I have a healthy appetite for beautiful women, love.  There's nothin' wrong with that."
"Aye, well if you wantin' this woman you'll lose your taste for all others, do you understand?"

Loving an Irish woman isn't always easy but Frank is up for the challenge.


Gah! I loved these two together and it was such a beautiful journey to see, even through their hardships.  For them, these trying times did nothing but strengthen the love between them.

"You undo me, Maureen.  Every knot inside of me tightens when you're not around as soon as you're near all the tension unravels and goes away.  How do you make that happen?"

After we get a good feeling about the love of Maureen and Frank we move on to part two in the book, where we wait to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary.   In this part we get to see more from all of the other McCullough's.  We get to see how their lives proceed after the end of book 6.

"It doesn't matter what you are,"  Kelly said.  "You married an Irish woman.  They're all sweet psychopaths.  Best to do as she says and keep your balls."

It was great to re-visit all of them and especially to see how Luke, Tristan and Sheilagh fair out with their new addition.   This story was beautiful and perfect.  I'm so sad to see the end of this series. However, Lydia Michaels is one of my faves, so anything she writes I will be diving in.  It may not be the McCullough's, but I'm sure it will be just as amazing.   The McCullough Mountain series is  definitely a recommended read, as it will fill a big place in your heart after you read this series. 

"It's a sacred thing we celebrate by the water today.  With the passing of time, your skin has changed, but your hearts have only grown fuller.  What was once chaste, now knows no bounds.  There is no faking a love such as this, no truth forsaken in the presence of such affection.  And as years go by, tears will sometimes come, but I have faith there will be more joy than sorrow, so long as you hold fast to each other and never let go of the incredible love you share."

5 McCullough Loving Thumbs up!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 

Lauren

All quotes taken from pre-published eARC & may be altered or omitted in the final copy.





 http://livereadbreathe.blogspot.ca/2014/12/the-mccullough-mountain-series-by-lydia.html


My Reviews of Books 1 through 6 of the McCullough Mountain Series Here





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.